Chair – Scott Reynolds
Staff Liaison – Carol Gorley
The Membership Committee shall promote Montgomery as a great place to work, play and live and provide outreach to businesses. The Committee shall be responsible for the following duties:
- Recruitment of new member businesses and individuals. While this is a function of the Membership Committee, this should always be first and forefront within the mind of all Directors.
- Create a goal each year of a specific number of businesses to add to our roster and set up a target list of businesses to recruit. Assign to committee and directors. Look for opportunities to recruit businesses that we interact with on a regular basis.
- Ensure that any new member has a membership package and is aware of their full benefit package. This should be a personal phone call or visit. Membership packet will include benefit materials; window sticker; Montgomery magazine; signed welcome letter; lists of local, state and federal government officials, and other materials that may be helpful.
- Update Membership Application as needed.
- Member Retention – Follow up personally as needed with businesses who do not renew their dues and resolve, if possible, their reason for not renewing.
- Ambassador Program – Implement and oversee Ambassador Program so that new members feel welcome and are aware of the many opportunities available to them.
- Welcome and recognize new members and guests at events; introduce them to other members. Follow-up with non-member guests. Once again, this should be standard operating procedure for all Board Members at events.
- Represent the Chamber at ribbon cuttings and other Chamber and community events. Once again this should be shared by all Board Members based on availability.
- Schedule yearly meeting in January with SOCA to confirm benefits available. The Committee could invite a SOCA rep to the January meeting.
- Evaluate and research dues structure and billing structure on a yearly basis to present any suggested updates to the Board of Directors in November for changes to begin in January of the new year. This is to stay competitive with surrounding chambers and provide the best value for our members.
- Coordinate Annual Membership Drive