Business Spotlight June 2023
Business Name: S P Agency, Inc.
Business Description: Locally Owned and Operated Independent Insurance Agency providing complex insurance solutions for successful businesses, individuals, and families, since 1970.
Address: 4520 Cooper Road Suite 100, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Telephone Number: (513) 985-3600
- What is your favorite part or your job? Helping my clients solve all of their complex insurance problems. The insurance industry is mostly producer driven and people do not know what they are buying/what their existing program covers/doesn’t cover. I get the greatest feeling out of explaining our tailored insurance program to clients so that they understand exactly what they are buying, and more importantly, why insurance is NOT a commodity.
- Do you or your business donate to any charities? Which ones? Why? We donate to a non-profit called Cincinnati Dreams Come True. It is run by my grandparents Barbara and Jay Wittenbaum, who still come into work every day. They do wishes for sick children and over the years have helped 1,000+ families in need.
- What was the inspiration behind the business? Or what is your personal inspiration? S P Agency, Inc. was founded in 1970. The S and P stand for Simon Polasky. He was the original founder of the prior agency before selling it to my grandfather in 1970, unknowingly giving him the opportunity of a lifetime.
- What are the three most important things about your business? (1) We just transitioned into a 3rd-generation family business, with myself leading the charge into the third-generation and my brother and cousin not too far behind me. (2) We have a real person answering our phones, whether it be to talk about insurance or life in general. (3) We are very responsive and treat all clients like family. “Responsive” is the word our clients use the most when describing our service. “Make Your Family a Part of Our Family” is a motto we instill into our potential new clients.
- If you could explain your business in the simplest way, how would you? We provide a piece of paper and a promise.
- What is your key to success? Being available. In today’s age, with everything being digitalized, you can be reached 24/7/365. If you keep yourself available and open to opportunities, you never know who may reach out for assistance.
- Best advice anyone has given you? Be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- What is your favorite Cincinnati Area Sports Team? Cincinnati Bengals
- What is your favorite place to eat in Montgomery? European Cafe
- What is your favorite Cincinnati Area Craft Brewer? MPH (Montgomery Public House) Brewing. I rarely drink, if at all, but love going to eat and see friends from around the area at such a friendly establishment.